We recognise that our operations have an effect on the local, regional, national and global environment. As a consequence of this, LA architects is dedicated to improving its environmental performance. Our commitment to implementing and maintaining an Environmental Management System (EMS) that conforms to ISO14001: 2015 will ensure our continual improvement and help reduce our negative impacts on the Environment.
LA architects, an RIBA Chartered Practice based near Lewes, East Sussex, provides architectural services in regard to the design and construction of buildings related to sports and leisure, healthcare, arts and theatre and residential.
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
This is used to achieve:
- Prevention of the incidence of pollution wherever possible,
- Compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and other requirements to which the company subscribes.
- Reduction of the amount of energy we use through good management, training and informed purchasing practices and decisions through our own use and in the buildings we design.
- Reduction of waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable within our own use and within the construction of our buildings.
- Development of an awareness and understanding with our employees, partners/clients and the wider community of the many interactions between the company's operations and the environment and encourage them to work towards environmental, social and economic sustainability.
- Continual improvement of our environmental performance, sustainability, conservation and to minimise the impact and damage of our activities by monitoring and implementing any measures that would lead to improvement.
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL ACTION PLAN
To achieve our policy, we shall:
- Implement a documented environmental management system.
- Set clearly defined objectives and targets addressing environmental issues that are designed to improve our environmental performance.
- Promote our environmental activities with our staff, partners and other stakeholders and let them know of our concern for the environment.
- Train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work.
- Provide support and advice to staff, suppliers and other stakeholders on environmental matters relating to our operations and ensure that all staff and co-consultants are made aware of this policy and associated procedures concerning our impact on the environment and,
- Monitor, audit and review our performance, and ensure this policy is reviewed for continuing suitability during the management review process.
- LA understands that our greatest contribution to environmental management is through the advice and design work that we provide to our Clients and that the responsibility for the effective environmental management of our activities, products and services falls to all members of staff and all our employed consultants.
This policy is available to the public on request and is communicated to all LA architects staff members via induction training and is updated through e-mails and at Directors/Management Meetings and Start the Week meetings which involve all our colleagues.
Elizabeth Adams Director, For and on Behalf of LA architects Ltd